Friday, August 8, 2014

SSInk: Anything Goes!

Over at SSInk it's a special day, our blog has been going for one whole year. To celebrate all of us have projects up on the blog. We went with an Anything Goes theme so you will see a variety of different projects on all the different blogs.

I had a fun idea when dreaming up this card. I thought if I used the new stencils (that I love so much), wouldn't it be great if I could do a metallic ombre effect?? So I broke out the dazzling details and the silver Encore ink pad and got to work. First, I had to make sure that nothing moved while I was working. If you use a wet medium like dazzling details, the last thing you want is the stencil to shift.

I took a picture for reference to show how serious I am about taping everything down. I use washi tape because it's low tack so I can remove it without ruining my project. I taped the card down on the inside layer not the top layer so I could go all the way to the edge. Next, I  sponged the Silver Encore ink all over the whole card. I made sure to press down in the center of the stencil so nothing leaked under. Then, I filled in all the lower hearts with the Dazzling Details and some select hearts toward the top. I finished off the card with a heart diecut from the silver glimmer paper, twine and the 1/8" silver ribbon.

Supplies: 
Stamp Set: And Many More
Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Silver Glimmer Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Silver Encore Ink
Accessories: Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks,
Washi Tape, Stampin' Sponges, Silver Dazzling Details, Hearts FramelitsLabel Card Thinlits Die, Basic Gray Baker's Twine, Silver 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So pretty and shiny! Love the silver and blue together! Happy Birthday!

Stampin Dj said...

Love the sparkle you brought to this dreary Friday!